Monday, June 17, 2013

Featured Member: Brandon Broderick

Here's the first in what we hope will be a series of fun facts about the good people of MOAM! Thanks to Brandon Broderick of the band Cotton for being our first Featured Member.
What is your name?
Brandon Broderick

Describe your music.
I'm a solo acoustic performer and artist. My music is generally a combination of folk, indie and singer-songwriter. Like vintage folk with a modern twist. I play acoustic guitar and sometimes have guest musicians on my studio tracks.

Who are your 3 biggest musical influences?
I would say Dave Matthews, Bruce Springsteen and Tom Waits. 

When did you first discover your passion for music?
I knew I wanted to be a musician when I was in elementary school, but after seeing a local band perform on my friends street on the front lawn...I knew I wanted to be a performer. There was no turning back.

What's your favorite story about a fan?
I was performing one time in Kilmer Square in New Brunswick NJ and a baby started crawling towards me during one of my songs. It crawled all the always up to my feet and stared and smiled. Wouldn't call them a fan per se, haha but it was a moment I can't forget.

What charities/causes do you support? 
There are no official charities or causes that I'm an active member in or anything like that. I do support organic food and local farms, I think that's always been a good idea. Also usually anything that helps children in need is something I'd get behind as well.

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
Determined. 

If you had to describe your music in one word, what would it be?
Vintage.

What is your favorite place to escape?
Late night in my house. 3am onward. So quiet and serene. I can really collect my thoughts much easier. 

What is the best advice anyone ever gave you?
Probably to not let other people get to your head. To stay true to yourself no matter what. 

What is something very few people know about you?
Well, most people don't know I read philosophical essays for fun in my spare time. It's not something I tell people, haha.

Where can people find your music?
Best place is www.broderickmusic.com. I have everything there. I'm also on Facebook, twitter and Instagram as well as Tumblr. 
Official Website: www.broderickmusic.com
Facebook:
Twitter:
@BBrods
Tumblr: 
Instagram:
@BBrods

Where can people see you perform?
I perform in coffee houses open mics and other cafés all around New Jersey. You can find my tour dates at www.Broderickmusic.com






No comments:

Post a Comment